Feb 1, 2021 — This guide provides information on available grants to help improve your quality of life. The cost to remodel for a disability modification
Are there any programs to help seniors with home repairs in NC?
Our Essential Single-Family Rehabilitation (ESFR) program finances major repairs for North Carolina homeowners who are elderly or have disabilities and whose incomes are below 80% of the median for their area.
What to do when your house is falling apart and you can t afford to fix it?
- Apply for a home equity line of credit (HELOC)
- Use a cash-out refinance to unlock money for repairs.
- Apply for a home repair loan.
- Leverage a nonprofit community development program.
- Seek out a government loan or grant.
- Look for local home improvement financing programs.
- File a homeowners insurance claim.
What benefits do seniors get in North Carolina?
- North Carolina Has Zero Social Security Tax.
- Homestead Property Exclusion / Exemption.
- Circuit Breaker Property Tax Deferment.
- Zero Property Tax in Active Adult Community Living and Senior Retirement Communities.
What is the NC Urgent Repair Program?
URP assists low-income homeowners who are veterans, seniors, disabled and/or have other eligible special needs through local community partners who qualify applicants and oversee the work.
What is the North Carolina State home Program?
For qualified homeowners who are past due on mortgage and housing-related payments by at least 30 days, the fund offers: Housing payment assistance for primary residence in North Carolina (for example, single-family home, townhome, condo or mobile home).