- Give every room a focal point.
- Layer your lighting.
- Add houseplants.
- Use mirrors strategically.
- Mix and match furniture.
- Combine different textures.
- Upsize your artwork.
What should I decorate first in a new home?
- All at Once Doesn't Work. Before you even start thinking about which room you should work on it is important to say that trying to do it all just doesn't work.
- The Kitchen.
- Reception Rooms.
- Bathrooms and Toilets.
- The Rest of the House.
How do you make a new construction home feel cozy?
Nothing says cozy like warm blankets in fabrics you want to snuggle up with, comfy pillows, and inviting textures. Add rugs, window treatments, and other soft touches to your home to encourage relaxing.
Can I decorate my new build house?
After about a year, the house will have settled and you can fill in any cracks that have appeared. It can be tempting with decorating a new build home to get the walls painted right away, but we would recommend doing this after the drying out period.
How do you make a new build look nice?
- Find your style.
- Take your time with colour.
- Play around with furniture and layout.
- Get the lighting right.
- Add colour and texture with accessories.
How do you give a character to a new build house?
Think about your floors, walls and ceilings
Period homes are naturally full of character but you'll be surprised how easy it is to copy some of this in a new build. Adding a stone or wood floor will go a long way towards adding a lived in feel to a new home. The same goes for panelling and a beautiful wallpaper.