- Be Work Zone Alert.
- Do not speed in work zones; obey the posted speed limits.
- Stay Alert!
- Watch for workers; drive with caution.
- Don't change lanes unnecessarily.
- Avoid using mobile phones while driving in work zones.
- Turn on headlights so that workers and other drivers can see you.
When approaching a construction zone what should you observe?
- Slowing down.
- Allowing extra space between vehicles.
- Expecting sudden slowing or stopping.
- Watching for drivers changing lanes.
- Avoiding distractions.
Which of the following is an appropriate technique for driving through a work zone?
When driving on a highway and approaching a construction zone?
What is the proper gap to maintain in a work zone?
Don't follow too close. The most common crash in a work zone is a rear-end collision. Remember to give yourself at least seven seconds of braking distance between you and the car in front of you. As a good rule of thumb, you should be able to see the bottom of the tires of the vehicle in front of you.
What is the speed limit around construction?
The law defines speeding in a work zone to be driving faster than the posted speed limit within 400 feet of a construction zone. Speeding in a work zone is a different offense from speeding. Work zones can have speed limits of as low as 25mph, so it is important to pay attention when you see those orange signs.