- Slowing down.
- Allowing extra space between vehicles.
- Expecting sudden slowing or stopping.
- Watching for drivers changing lanes.
- Avoiding distractions.
When driving through a construction zone you should avoid?
- Be Work Zone Alert.
- Do not speed in work zones; obey the posted speed limits.
- Stay Alert!
- Watch for workers; drive with caution.
- Don't change lanes unnecessarily.
- Avoid using mobile phones while driving in work zones.
- Turn on headlights so that workers and other drivers can see you.
What should you do when approaching a hazard in a work zone?
Slow down and pay attention to the signs
Stay on heightened alert as you approach cone zones, slow down and comply with the signs (signs, signs, everywhere there's signs) as soon as possible.
When you are driving on a highway and are approaching a construction zone?
There are many variables to account for when driving through a construction zone, from lane closures to traffic pattern shifts to worker activity. By reducing your driving speed, you'll be able to react to these variables more safely, reducing the risk of accidents.
What should a driver do in a construction zone quizlet?
When driving through a highway work zone, you should. reduce your speed and adjust lane position away from workers.
Which area of a construction zone is the most dangerous standard 5?
Expert-Verified Answer. Near the beginning of the zone, where the traffic pattern is first altered, is one of the most hazardous parts of the highway construction zone. Often, people enter the area without looking and at speeds that are considerably too high for safe merging.